Society and technology organizations
Revision as of 21:24, 30 May 2006 by Keunwoo (+cat)
(part of the society and technology wiki)
Intellectual property or economics focus
- McGill Univ. Center for Intellectual Property Policy
- Duke Center for Study of the Public Domain
- Duke Intellectual Property program
- Engelberg Center for Innovation Law and Policy (NYU)
- George Mason University "National Center for Technology and Law"
- Project Electronic Labor Markets at Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat Frankfurt Am Main
Sociological or humanities focus
- Dept. of Technoculture Studies at UC Davis
- U. Wisconsin, Milwaukee Digital Arts & Culture program (blog)
- Technology and Social Behavior at Northwestern University
- Digital Games Research Association
Miscellaneous nonprofit organizations
- Computing Professionals for Social Responsibility
- Cybertelecom: "An educational nonprofit dedicated to raising awareness of and promoting participation in federal initiatives that impact the Internet."
- cybertelecom-l: Cybertelecom's mailing list; this page also contains pointers to many other lists at the intersection of technology, communications, and law.
- National Coordination Office for Information Technology Research and Development: dept. that makes recommendations to executive branch about IT research.