Society and technology
The society and technology interest group (soctech) is an informal interest group that we are starting up among UW-CSE students to promote awareness of various social computing issues, both in CSE and the UW.
We're just getting started; we have a mailing list, soctech@cs. Here's the public list info page.
Given that we're trying (among other things) to promote cross-disciplinary collaboration, a CSE NetID protected server is probably not the right place for the soctech wiki in the long run. I'm looking into getting a more publicly accessible space. In the meantime we can use this space for notes. ~keunwoo
- List of UW courses on society and technology
- Princeton Wireless course
- Princeton course by Brian Kernighan on "Computers in our world"
- Stanford course: "Digital Dilemmas"
- Syllabus of Rice's Anthropology 315 course (PDF)
- Yale course list; includes some courses on society and technology
- NGO in a box: bundled open-source software for running NGOs