Banks in Seattle
Seattle life -> Banks in Seattle
The following banks have offices and ATMs near/on UW campus. Where possible, links into bank web sites are directly to WA state services information, but you know...dynamic pages happen.
- Charles Schwab High Yield Investor Checking is a good deal. FDIC insured, interest bearing and no ATM fees.
- US Bank (ATM/branch locator) - US Bank is "The Only Bank on Campus" having a full service branch location in the Husky Union Building as well as 10 UW ATM locations. Student Checking accounts are no minimum balance/service fee accounts with free checks and free non-US Bank ATM transactions. See the branch for details or call/e-mail Tom Powell, Branch Manager @ 206.543.2407 Tom Powell
- Bank of America (ATM/branch locator) - There is an ATM in the HUB - near the Subway. There is a branch on the Ave. at 47th, ATMs on Ave. and at U. Village shopping center (Note: The ATMs listed which have "University Village" as their location did not map properly on the Bank of America site as of 8 Sep 2001. U. Village is located down the hill northeast of campus.)
- Key Bank (ATM/branch locator) - branch just west of the Ave. on 45th, ATMs there and at U. Village
- United Savings & Loan Bank - branch two blocks west of the Ave. on 45th
- Washington Mutual (ATM/branch locations) - branch on Brooklyn Ave. (one street west of the Ave.) at 43rd, ATMs there and at U. Village
- Washington State Employees Credit Union (branch and ATMs) - Free access to any Credit Union's ATMs. (4 ATMs <1 mile from campus and ~100 downtown) - U. District branch, ATM, and drive-through on NE 45th St at 11th Ave NE (Intel Research Seattle building), ATM at the HUB near the etc. convenience store, see GoogleMapsATMs or ATMs for a complete list & map of free credit union ATMs. Students are eligible to join WSECU, plus most grad students are TAs or RAs, so technically we're state employees, too.
- Wells Fargo Bank (ATM/branch locator) - branch on Ave. at 45th, ATMs there and lower on the Ave. at 41st
- Boeing Employees Credit Union - All students are eligible. There's a branch on the Ave and as of 8 / 09 there's one Coming Soon! on 25th Avenue just above Blakeley.
Banks not quite right near campus:
- HomeStreet Bank - There's a branch at 35th and 82nd NE. I ended up closing my account because I wanted to transfer in and out electronically for free, and they told me I could and then it turned out there was a fee. So I'm not impressed. But if that doesn't matter to you, you could feel good about supporting a local bank that claims to do lots of community service. -- eherbst