Soctech:Meeting of 2004-09-22
Society and technology -> 2004-09-22 meeting
- Ben Duggan (law student)
- Caroline (of CIS)
- Familiarize Ben with what C & K have been thinking, & vice versa.
- Get firmer handle on winter seminar.
- Likely organization of course:
- Weekly discussion-oriented seminar open to enrollment
- 4 weeks: of introductory material on IP law and computing (2 weeks each?)
- 6 weeks: discussion of 3 specific interesting questions, 2 sessions each, with accompanying readings
- introductory material most likely chosen to support useful discussion of questions to follow
- All: brainstorm about questions for 2nd half of course
- Ben & Keunwoo: figure out scheduling & administrative requirements for course
- Caroline: contact outside parties to seek input
- Meet again in 2 weeks