Pit Party 2015
This page contains information for the 2015 CSE Pit Party. Send additional questions to Pit Party Coordinator: Fahad Pervaiz.
When: 6:00 PM on Friday, October 2, 2015
What to bring:
- New Grads - Nothing
- Everyone Else - Sign up below with which dish you will bring.
When signing up please try to keep the selection balanced. Burke Museum neither have microwave oven nor they allow electric grills to cook food there.
The department will provide drinks and cups, plates, silverware, etc.
Guests (friends, family, significant other etc.) are certainly welcome to attend. If you're bringing something for the potluck, just try to bring enough to feed you and however many guests you're bringing.
Note that this is happening on a Friday rather than Saturday because there is a possibility of Husky game on Saturday. Home Husky games generally creates traffic jams, full parking lots and rerouting of some bus routes.
The Burke is a 10 minute walk from the CSE department. There are bike racks and the museum is easy to reach via public transit. A map can be found here.
Parking is run by UW and the usual parking fees apply. Limited parking permits will be available, for free parking in N1, and preference will be given to those who are bringing dishes and/or carpooling. Contact Fahad (fahadp@cs) to get parking permit. The most convenient entrance if you are driving is the one on 17th NE off of NE 45th. Driving directions below (please remember to find a DD!).
- From I-5: Exit east onto NE 45th Street. Travel east on NE 45th Street to 17th Avenue NE. Turn right onto 17th. The museum will be immediately on your right.
- From Highway 520: Exit north onto Montlake Boulevard NE. Turn left onto NE Pacific Street. Turn right and head north on 15th Avenue NE. Turn right and head east on NE 45th St. Take your next right on 17th Avenue NE. The museum will be immediately on your right.
The fun does not stop when pit party ends. We will continue the party at Doug's house.
House: Doug's House
Address: 104 NE 52nd St., Seattle, WA 98105. Bus Route 43 and 44 will take you in that direction.
- Pot Stickers - Alex Fiannaca
- Cauliflower Tater Tots - Laurel Orr
- Lebanese salad and pita bread - Yejin
- Sliders (vegetarian and not) - Rob
- Shrimp Tray - Linda
- Cheeses, nuts, dried fruits - Luis C
- A ton of hummus - Svet
- boiled peanut, TBD - Tianqi
- Stuffed pasta shells (vegetarian) - Kyle Rector and Brandon Myers
- Something vegetarian - Mayank Goel
- Vegetarian main dish -- Michael Ernst
- Shepherd's Pie -- Edward Zhang
- Vegan Pizza -- Aaron Bauer
- Sukiyaki Soup (with lots of meat) -- Xiaoyi Zhang
- Oyako Don (Chicken and Egg on Rice) -- Xiaoyi Zhang
- Greek meatballs with Tzatziki Dip (Beef) -- Yannis Konstas
- Vegetarian Chili -- Richard Ladner
- Chicken main dish -- Dan Weld
- Eggplant Parmesan -- Amrita Mazumdar & Elaine Levey
- Sausage Bolognese -- Matt Kay
- Apple-cider-glazed salmon -- Pavel Panchekha
- Something vegetarian -- A Lerner
- Chicken Casserole -- Trevor Perrier
- TBD -- Vincent Lee
- Lactose Free Tater Tot Casserole -- Eric Mullen
- Mac and Cheese - James Fogarty
- Persian Food - Hessam B, Alireza R, Javad H, Koosha Kh
- Some side vegetable or salad -- Daniel Epstein
- Vegetarian side dish -- Luke Zettlemoyer
- " -- Brandon Holt
- Shrimp Dumplings -- Shumo Chu
- Roasted Vegetables -- Lilian de Greef
- Couscous -- Tatlock
- TBD -- Franzi Roesner
- TBD(possibly sushi/rolls) -- Xin Yang
- Samosas (Crispy patties stuffed with peas, potatoes and spices.) --Deepali and Srini
- TBD -- Eric W and Alex M
- TBD -- Nancy W
- Watermelon shark stuffed with conquered lesser melons -- Jacob Schreiber
- Tofuwich -- Jingjing Wang
- Macaroni salad -- Hamid Izadinia
- Bread -- Dominik Moritz
- Tahini Cookies - Alon Milchgrub
- Mini lime pies - Yvonne Chen
- Chocolate chip "tracking" cookies (should be diary free, will contain eggs) - Anna Kornfeld Simpson
- Probably brownies - Daniel Gordon
- Cheesecake - Noah Smith
- Motcha Cake - Victoria
- TBD - Antoine
- Peanut Butter Bars - Paul
- TBD -- Dieter Fox
- TBD -- Catie Baker
- Lemon Bars -- Jane Hoffswell
- Cheese and grapes -- Katharina Reinecke
- Cookies -- Kyle Thayer
- Walnut cake -- Fereshteh Sadeghi
- Cookies - Jiechen