This page contains information for the 2014 CSE Pit Party. Send additional questions to Pit Party Coordinators: Fahad Pervaiz and Hanchaun Li.
When: 6:00 PM on Friday, September 26, 2013
What to bring:
- New Grads - Nothing
- Everyone Else - Sign up below with which dish you will bring.
When signing up please try to keep the selection balanced. Burke Museum neither have microwave oven nor they allow electric grills to cook food there.
The department will provide drinks and cups, plates, silverware, etc.
Guests (friends, family, significant other etc.) are certainly welcome to attend. If you're bringing something for the potluck, just try to bring enough to feed you and however many guests you're bringing.
Note that this is happening on a Friday rather than Saturday because there is a possibility of Husky game on Saturday. Home Husky games generally creates traffic jams, full parking lots and rerouting of some bus routes.
The Burke is a 10 minute walk from the CSE department. There are bike racks and the museum is easy to reach via public transit. A map can be found here.
Parking is run by UW and the usual parking fees apply. Limited parking permits will be available, for free parking in N1, and preference will be given to those who are bringing dishes and/or carpooling. Contact Fahad (fahadp@cs) to get parking permit. The most convenient entrance if you are driving is the one on 17th NE off of NE 45th. Driving directions below (please remember to find a DD!).
- From I-5: Exit east onto NE 45th Street. Travel east on NE 45th Street to 17th Avenue NE. Turn right onto 17th. The museum will be immediately on your right.
- From Highway 520: Exit north onto Montlake Boulevard NE. Turn left onto NE Pacific Street. Turn right and head north on 15th Avenue NE. Turn right and head east on NE 45th St. Take your next right on 17th Avenue NE. The museum will be immediately on your right.
The fun does not stop when pit party ends. We will continue the party at cyrus house, who graciously offered his place.
House: Cyrus Rashtchian
Address: 600 24th Ave E, Seattle, WA 98112. Bus Route 48 and 43 will take you there.
- cold shrimp. Linda Shapiro
- boiled egg with aniseed and soy sauce. Victoria Lin
- spiced pork ear. Tianqi Chen
- empanadas. Katelin
- TBD Dan Grossman
- Spam musubi - Justin Huang
- Sweet Potato Ravioli - Alex Mariakakis
- Tofu with preserved egg - Shu Liang
- Cold spiced beef shank - Tianyi Zhou
- French Toast PB+J - Eric Mullen
- TBA. Pedro Domingos.
- Shepherd's Pie - Edward Zhang
- Macaroni and Cheese - James Fogarty
- TBD - Magda Balazinska
- Butternut Squash Risotto - Eric Butler
- Goodies from Pasta & Co -- Hank Levy
- Parsley Ground Beef in butter lime sauce - Greg Nelson
- Vegetarian Chili - Richard Ladner
- Roast Chicken - Anna Karlin
- (Probably) ~1lb Pulled Pork - Vincent Liew
- Indian Lentil Soup (vegan) - Rahul Banerjee
- Kale salad - Luke Zettlemoyer
- Yangzhou Fried Rice - Shumo Chu
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts - Conrad Nied & April Shen
- Lentil Salad - Doug Woos
- Something tasty - B. Holt
- Potatoes Au Gratin - Trevor Perrier
- Something something food - Daniel Epstein
- Couscous - ztatlock
- TBD - Danielle Bragg
- Fruit Salad with Yogurt Sauce - Laurel Orr
- Hand Pilar(lamb rice) - Xiaoyi Zhang
- Chinese Pancake - Xiaoyi Zhang & Hanchuan Li
- Ceasar salad - Darioush Jalali
- Couscous salad - Nicholas FitzGerald
- Chicken wings - Haichen Shen
- Orzo salad - Lauren Milne
- TBD - Hamid Izadinia
- TBA - Catie Baker
- Candy. All the candy - Yun-En Liu
- Frosted Cupcakes - Conrad Nied & April Shen
- Cookies, probably - Adrian
- a pie of some kind - Aaron Bauer
- Asian Pear Pie - Pavel Panchekha
- Fruit - Mark Yatskar
- TBA - Yoav Artzi
- Chocholate Chip Cookies - Alex Takakuwa
- Vegan Chocolate Mousse - Lilian de Greef
- Apple Crisp - Daniel Miller
- Chocolate Cake - Fereshteh Sadeghi