Soctech seminar, Winter 2005
Society and technology seminar: CSE 590 SO, Tue 12:30-1:20 (room tbd)
The first offering of this course will focus on the cluster of issues surrounding law, society, and software security.
- tech intro: thinking about security
- tech intro: software development and software reliability
- technical aspects of improving computer systems
- law intro: contracts & torts
- law intro: economic legal philosophy
- vendor liability
- certification processes: products, processes, people
- market failures in economics of software, and legal approaches
- criminal law approaches?
- public policy approaches
More in-depth planning and notes on the items above: see Software security