Dentists in Seattle
- 1 Dentists
- 1.1 Gary Yngve, 22-Dec-2004
- 1.2 Miryung Kim, 16-Dec-2004
- 1.3 Peter Mork, 13-Dec-2004
- 1.4 Ethan Phelps-Goodman, 12/12/2004
- 1.5 Sarah Schwarm, 12/10/2004
- 1.6 Andrew Whitaker, 11/07/2004
- 1.7 Andy Schwerin, 09-24-2004
- 1.8 Stefan Saroiu, 09-24-2004
- 1.9 Neva Cherniavsky, 09-24-2004
- 1.10 Dmitriy Portnov, 09-05-2001
- 1.11 Craig Kaplan, 09-04-2001
- 1.12 Denise Pinnel, 10-05-1999
- 1.13 Matthai Philipose, 10-05-1999
- 1.14 Rachel Pottinger, 10-04-1999
Gary Yngve, 22-Dec-2004
I had some work done at Stacy Gilmore's office (see Sarah's entry), and it was quite excellent. Very friendly staff.
Miryung Kim, 16-Dec-2004
To save others from having the same unpleasant experience, I guess I have to post anti-ads about dentist. Recently I had a very unpleasant experience with a receptionist in Dr. Loren Davis's office. If you want to know the details of what happened, I can tell you why. I guess I am switching one of recommended dentists below.
Peter Mork, 13-Dec-2004
I agree with Neva and Rachel. My whole family uses 32 Good Reasons (Dr. Barrett's office). My wife is very leery of dentists (due to oral surgery without anasthesia as a child), but they've been very good to her. She just had a pain-free root canal!
Ethan Phelps-Goodman, 12/12/2004
I went to Lynn Rowland once, and I'd say she was only OK. She was very friendly, and it was easy to make an appointment, but I didn't think the cleaning was nearly as thurough as I got from my dentist back home. And it was done entirely by a dental assistant, not the dentist. Maybe that's normal though.
Sarah Schwarm, 12/10/2004
I see Dr. Stacy Gilmore, and am very pleased with her office for both regular cleanings (they know our insurance, I never touch any paperwork) and more extensive work. I recently had a crown put on one of my front teeth to permanently repair a broken tooth from a high school mishap involving a field hockey stick, and I'm very pleased with the results. (The process of getting the crown done was a lot less unpleasant than I feared, too.)
Her office contact info is: 3216 NE 45th Pl Ste 302 Seattle, WA 98105 (206) 522-0443
Andrew Whitaker, 11/07/2004
I can whole-heartedly recommend Wallingford Dental Arts (google://wallingford dental arts). The office is run by a set of dentists, all of whom (in my experience) are extremely competent and friendly. And, they have the University insurance system down pat.
Andy Schwerin, 09-24-2004
I use Dr. Charles Wallace on the Ave between 41st and 42nd Sts NE. I only really have experience with regular cleanings and a referral to get my wisdom teeth removed. For these purposes at least, Dr. Wallace and his staff have been highly satisfactory.
Stefan Saroiu, 09-24-2004
I go to Dr. Daniel Thacker in Kingston (you have to take the ferry to get there).
Apple Tree Cove Dental Ctr PO Box 149 Kingston, WA 98346-0149 Phone: (360) 297-3392
It seems like an overkill to take the ferry to go see your dentist, so why do I recommend him? Three reasons:
1. My wife is a dentist. She recommends that office (the truth is that I sometimes see my wife rather than Dr. Thacker). And no, she doesn't practice at that office, nor we derive any benefits from recommending people to go there.
2. They use very good materials and the dentist is good. Personally, I don't care too much about the staff being friendly. I think it's more important if the dentist is good and whether they're not into saving a couple of bucks by using inferior dental products.
3. That's the closest good dentist/good materials office we know of. We're not saying there aren't other good offices closer to UW.
By the way, the ferry ride is spectular ($5 per person both ways, no car).
Neva Cherniavsky, 09-24-2004
Since Rachel posted so long ago, I want to reiterate what she said. I went to Dr. Barrett this summer and he and his staff were great. They were very friendly and professional, and they knew all about the insurance. It didn't cost me a penny.
Ernest Barrett 1107 NE 45th St. Suite 220 (206)632-9400
Dmitriy Portnov, 09-05-2001
Robert Stark 4530 Union Pl NE, Suite 206 phone 206-525-5000
Another recommendation for Dr. Robert Stark (dentist).
I agree with everything in Matthai's recommendation from 10-5-99. Very nice, modern office; friendly and professional staff. Staff knows about our insurance policy too.
Craig Kaplan, 09-04-2001
Lynn Rowland (see below)
The first dentist I chose in Seattle was the right one. I'm very happy with Lynn Rowland. She's on the Ave. south of 42nd.
Denise Pinnel, 10-05-1999
Lynn Rowland 4115 Univ Way Suite 110 phone: 632-7575
Very good, friendly, staff knows all about our insurance policy. Right on the Ave near school.
Matthai Philipose, 10-05-1999
Robert Stark 4530 Union Pl NE, Suite 206 206-525-5000
His office is located just behind the university village. I've been going to him for about a year now, my wife has been going for a few years. We have found him (and his assistants) very professional and competent. The clinic is pleasant, bright and modern. I've gotten two wisdom teeth removed there, no problem. All in all, eons better than my previous Seattle dentist, a guy called Carey from the U District.
Rachel Pottinger, 10-04-1999
Ernest Barrett 1107 NE 45th St. Suite 220
Very good; very nice, staff knows all about the insurance.