UW is surrounded by great hiking opportunities, many within an hour's drive. You should definitely get out and experience some of the hiking Washington has to offer during your years here. This page lists a number of resources, some for and by CSE hikers, and other more extensive offerings from the outside world.
CSE Hiking Resources
- The hikers at cs mailing list is a good place to plan, discuss, ask questions, or join in on hikes with fellow CSE students.
- The CSE hike index has trip reports and trail info by CSE hikers.
- Krzysztof Gajos (recent UW CSE graduate) has some good hiking material on his site: listing and blog for hikes near Seattle.
Trip Reports and Trail Descriptions
- NWHikers.net (trip reports, typically with great photography)
- Hiking guide at nwsource.com
- Washington Trails Association (good place to get involved in trail maintenance, etc.)