Education and Technology research seminar
CSE 591ED Seminar Overview
As of 2005 Winter, this is the new wiki for the Education & Technology group's research reading seminar, CSE 591ED. Goals include sampling current research in CS education and educational technology, learning research methods in these areas, and discussing local research efforts.
Attendees should subscribe to the seminar mailing list. For more infomation, including list archives, see the mailing list's information page.
For convenient linking to this page, the URL www.cs.washington.edu/591ed/ is set up to automatically forward to this page. From computers on campus, www.cs/591ed/ even works!
2005 Spring Offering
Time: Tuesdays, 10:30--11:20 pm
Location: CSE 303
This quarter's topic will be Richard Anderson's research using Tablet PCs in the classroom to support Active Learning. If you are interested in learning more about the work, or participating in the project, you are encouraged to attend the seminar. For general information on the Classroom Presenter Project see the project web page. An archive of student submission material related to the seminar is available here.
very tentative topic list (subject to change beyond recognition):
- Week 1 - Overview of winter deployments of Classroom Presenter
- Week 2 - No class (CHI)
- Week 3 - Pedagogy for Classroom Presenter
- Week 4 - Active Learning in Computer Science
- Week 5 - Experiences with Classroom Presenter in Elementary School
- Week 6 - Student Behavior using classroom technology
- Week 7 - Digital Ink Technology
- Week 8 - Design of course materials for a data structures class using Classroom Presenter
- Week 9 - Evaluating Learning outcomes
- Week 10 - Technology directions for future work
|29 Mar||overview of recent deployments||Richard Anderson||slides|
|05 Apr||Presenter with Student Submissions in a software engineering course||Valentin Razmov|
|12 Apr||using student submissions in class||class/demo exercise slides (PPT)||Richard Anderson||Annotated slides|
|19 Apr||Active Learning with Student Submissions||Annotated slides||Richard Anderson|
|26 Apr||Experiences with using Presenter in Elementary School||Slides||Krista Davis|
|03 May||Student experiences with Technology||Annotated slides||Ken Yasuhara||Pat's notes|
|10 May||Digital Ink Technology||Richard Anderson|
|17 May||Data Structures Exercises||Annotated slides||Richard Anderson|